Friday 23 January 2009

Publish and be damned?

I've been strongly advised not to do this blog.  And I can see why.

I mean, clergy are not supposed to be blabbing to the whole world about the things they do and things they hear.  Things that are private and confidential.

But this blog is not going to do that.

The point of this blog is to share with others what it is like to be a Church of England curate in a major city in the UK - the trials, the tribulations and, of course, the many many moments of inspiration.

I am in the final months of my ordination training and will take up my curacy at St A's in July.  So there is quite a journey ahead.  

I hope you enjoy sharing that journey with me - through this blog.

p.s.  It seems somewhat ominous that I write this with this Sunday's reading open on my desk before me - the conversion of St Paul on the road to Damascus(Acts 9:1-22).  Let's hope and pray the scales fall from our eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment